2022 02Feb 18 - 2022 05May 01
The simulation is NOT to scale.
Hair growth facts
- A human scalp has about 100,000 hair follicles.
- Each strand of hair grows for 3-5 years before shedding and re-growing.
- Shedding 50-100 strands of hair per day is normal.
- People with long hair shed more, because their hairs are longer when they shed.
The hair they shed is the hair that a haircut would have removed.
- Cutting hair does not make it grow faster or slower.
- Maximum hair length is determined by how fast your hair grows and how long it stays in the growth phase, which is determined by your DNA.
- Hair is always thickest near the head because there are always some strands
in an early part of their growth phase.
- The growth rate of hair in men and women does not significantly differ.
- Hair grows from the scalp outward, unlike trees. Trees grow from the tips